Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Calm Before the Camp Storm...

I'm sitting here preparing for CentriKid Camps. Staffers and site contacts have been/ or are being called, lists are made, roommates are set for training week (Thanks, Caroline), and many other details are coming together.

When I stop and think what I have to do next, I don't know. I know there's a ton that I need to be doing, but I can't think of it right now. I would call this "the calm." I call it this, because everything looks all calm. It doesn't look like I'm moving quickly or going crazy. Looks can be deceiving! My mind is going 9872349817 miles an hour and my stomach feels constantly nervous. Will the "oh my gracious, I wanna thrown up" feeling cease?! Hopefully. Maybe it will end when the "storm" approaches, when I have no time or energy to think about it. Or maybe not. Maybe it will last the entire summer because I'm such a perfectionist and over-planner. Only time will tell.

One thing I do know about this nervous feeling is that I need to trust the Lord more. I need to rely on His strength and not my own. That's what this feeling is! It's me trying to get in the way of everything! I need to step out of the way and let God take over.

So do not worry, saying, "what will we eat?" or "what shall we drink?" or "what shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~ Matthew 6:31-34

Camp will happen. Rec will be great. ICW will be amazing. Staffers will make friends with one another. But, most importantly, lives will be changed by Jesus Christ.

I am going to hold strong to this. I'm going to try to chill out in the next week and do what needs to be done and not stress about it. Easier said than done, but I will TRY.

Alas, this rant has ended. Time to get back to work...



No comments:

Post a Comment