Friday, May 13, 2011

Removing labels...

Well, I'm sitting here working on calling all sorts of folks to camp this summer. My life consists of a lot of this, lately. I plan, I call, I plan, I call... You catch my drift. But, in the midst of all the monotony, I am realizing that I am at a intersection in my life. My comfortable life as I know it is about to move and change.

I am ending my career as a student. This morning I came to the realization that by Sunday at 7:00 pm will be the first time since I was 5 years old that I will no longer be a student. Something that has defined me for 17 years, will be cease to be label. It's exciting, but very unnerving, too. What will define me, now. My job, my friends, my faith...

Graduation isn't the only thing that is going to change me, moving to a new city is as well. I'll be moving to Nashville, TN in August to pursue an internship at LifeWay Christian Resources. Words cannot describe how pumped I am to have this opportunity. Excited, yes. Apprehensive, an even more resounding "YES!" I am moving away from all I've ever known. I'm moving away from what I'm comfortable with. This will be a test for me as a person. I've got to figure who I am apart from school, my career, my friends, & my family.

I am incredibly thrilled to see how the Lord is going to mold me. It's going to be tough and painful sometimes, but I'm ready. I couldn't be MORE ready. I'm ready to tear off the labels that define the current Jessica, and stick on new ones that show the world who I want to become.

The verse that I have been clinging to for the past year is from Jeremiah, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans for you welfare, not for disaster, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE." Is this not amazing?! I love it! I have to soak it in sometimes, because I like to control things. I'm very Type-A, so it's hard for me not to know where I'm going or how I'm going to get there. But I do know that my God is going to lead me on a path that is in my best interest where I can do His best work. This is my comfort. So, I think the label I'll put on today will read "Passenger," because I don't know where I'm going, but I do know that I am being taken somewhere where I would never lead myself.

What label are you going to stick on?

No comments:

Post a Comment