Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Be Where You Are...

This is from a post I did at the CentriKid Blog.


Don’t be so focused on what’s ahead that you’re useless where you are. Where you are is where the Lord has placed you. Of course we all have future plans and aspirations, but that doesn’t negate our purpose where we currently are.


This is something I have trouble remembering. I am always looking ahead at the future and planning accordingly. In doing so, I often miss out on great opportunities in my daily life. I miss out on investing in long-term ministry projects because I don’t know where I will be in a year or two. Sometimes, I don’t take time to really love people and listen to their stories because my mind tends to be thinking ahead and overlooking what is happening now. I get so busy that once I finally stop, I get overwhelmed in the fact that I don’t know my next move. It is in these moments where I have to remember that the Lord knows my heart and my path. He has it all under control. He knows where I am going to be and when I am going to be there. Daily, I have to make a conscious effort to remember that God knows me better than I know myself.


This morning I was reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It was just want I needed to hear.

I am leading you along the high road, but there are descents as well as ascents. In the distance you see snow-covered peaks glistening in the brilliant sunlight. Your longing to reach those peaks is good, but you must not take shortcuts. Your assignment is to follow Me, allowing Me to direct your path. Let the heights beckon you onward, but stay close to Me.


Learn to trust Me when things go “wrong.” Disruption to your routine highlight your dependence on Me. Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far outweigh them all. Walk hand in hand with Me though this day. I have lovingly planning every inch of the way. Trust does not falter when the path becomes rocky and steep. Breathe deep draughts of My Presences, and hold tightly to My hand. Together we can make it!” – Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment