Thursday, December 1, 2011

Beginning...

Well, it's officially day 1 of #reverb11, so here it goes!

Prompt: Where did 2011 begin?

2010 ended and 2011 began with one of my best friends, Lauren. She drove up from Alabama to spend a few days in Gatlinburg. We ate dinner, walked around town, watched fireworks, and I'm pretty sure stayed up way later than necessary giggling like 5th graders. It was both of our first times to ever be in Gatlinburg to see New Year's festivities. Yes, even though I've lived there my entire life, I've never taken part in the craziness of New Years. Lauren and I even ran into another staffer from our 2010 CentriKid team, so we had to document the event.
Peter happened to be in town, as well, for the holiday. So fun getting to reunite! CK4Life!

Now that I've relived where I was physically in the beginning of 2011, where was I mentally and spiritually?

Mentally, I was preparing to student teach in a middle school and high school. I was busy writing lesson plans and thinking about graduating in 6 months. Typical college senior, I suppose.

Spiritually, I was trying to trust the Lord as to my future plans. I remember stressing about getting a teaching job and still working Centrikid Camps. It wasn't until several months later that my plans (for at least the next year) were set in place--my internship at LifeWay.

And that's where I began 2011, a year of new things, of transitions, of firsts, of friends, of fun. Stay tuned for more on 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment